The data has been useful for some of the following users in Utah:
- Signal engineers in optimize and fine-tuning signal timing.
- Maintenance signal technicians in identifying broken detector problems and investigating trouble calls.
- Traffic engineers in conducting various traffic studies, such as speed studies, turning movement studies, modeling studies, and optimizing the intersection operations.
- Consultants in improving traffic signal operations, as UDOT outsources some of the signal operations, design and planning to consultants.
- UDOT Traffic & Safety, UDOT Traffic Engineers, UDOT Resident Construction Engineers in conducting various traffic studies and/or in determining the time-of-day where construction or maintenance activities would be least disruptive to the traveling motorists.
- Metropolitan Planning Organizations (MPO�s) in calibrating the regional traffic models.
- Academia in conducting various research studies, such as evaluating the effectiveness of operations during adverse weather, evaluating the optimum signal timing for innovative intersections such as DDI�s, CFI�s and Thru-Turns, etc.
- City and County Government in using the data in similar manner to UDOT.